Information in other languages

Al-Attiyah reveals big WRC ambitions

Nový příspěvekod PLuto » úte 30.08.2011 19:02

Al-Attiyah reveals big WRC ambitions

Nasser Al-Attiyah wants to replicate Abu Dhabi’s successful junior driver programme by helping to launch the next generation of stars from his native Qatar. The 2006 Production Car world champion has support from Qatari firm Barwa with a view to joining forces with Citroen. If negotiations progress then it could pave the way for Al-Attiyah to join the factory squad in a third car from 2012 with a programme created alongside to train young drivers from Qatar in a WRC support category.

“Last month I had a really good meeting with the government [of Qatar] and we are looking to do something like Abu Dhabi [has done with Ford],” said Al-Attiyah, who said there is support for a five-year programe. “It’s open but we will talk and we will see. This would be my dream to be the third driver, part of the same [Citroen] team and to find young drivers in Qatar to support. Sport in Qatar is growing very fast and very high. There is no problem for the money but we need to do it in the right way.”

Al-Attiyah, who is currently contesting the Super 2000 World Rally Championship in an Autotek Motorspor Ford Fiesta under the Barwa World Rally Team banner, wouldn’t be able to commit to a full programme of WRC events next season: he is planning to defend his Dakar Rally title in January and is also in line to represent his country in the skeet shooting competition in the London 2012 Olympic Games.

Earlier this season Al-Attiyah had been linked to a seat with the nascent factory Volkswagen Motorsport squad. Although those negotiations broke down following an impasse over Al-Attiyah’s Dakar ambitions, the 40-year-old insists he still has a strong relationship with the German manufacturer.

“It was very important for my sponsor and for me to continue competing in Dakar,” said Al-Attiyah. “But the relationship is very good with VW.”
PLuto
www.AutoSport.CZ
www.AutoSport.CZ

Haigh-Smith joins the WRC Academy

Nový příspěvekod PLuto » čtv 01.09.2011 13:08

Haigh-Smith joins the WRC Academy

The global appeal of the FIA WRC Academy has been further enhanced with the entry of the first African in the young driver-training series.

With Europe, South America, and Australasia already represented the participation of South African Ashley Haigh-Smith brings the total number of continents represented to four.

Haigh-Smith, who competes in the South African Rally Championship, will contest the final two WRC Academy events in France and Great Britain, albeit without being eligible to score points following his late addition to the line-up. He has never tackled an asphalt-based rally before.

“My main reason to be competing in the next two rounds of the WRC is to gain valuable experience in preparation for my future WRC goals and then use the knowledge I have gained to see where my weaknesses are and improve them in preparing myself for next year in the WRC Academy,” said Haigh-Smith. “I also need to gain experience on Tarmac as I have never done an asphalt rally before, so I think it will be very interesting and a challenge.”

He continued: “I need to find out the WRC Academy pace and then I’ll know what to expect for next year. It won’t be easy though, because the current WRC Academy crews have already been fighting for four rallies, so they’ll be pushing to their limits.”

Haigh-Smith joins German Sepp Wiegand in committing to the one-make category for Ford Fiesta R2s.

The WRC Academy Cup resumes on Rallye de France Alsace from 29 September to 2 October. After four rounds, Egon Kaur, from Estonia heads Irishman Craig Breen in the standings having won the first three events of the season. Brendan Reeves, from Australia, is third overall.
PLuto
www.AutoSport.CZ
www.AutoSport.CZ

Hirvonen aims for Ford extension

Nový příspěvekod PLuto » čtv 01.09.2011 23:37

Hirvonen aims for Ford extension

Mikko Hirvonen wants to extend his tenure with the factory Ford team for his shot at next year's World Rally Championship crown.

The Finn, who heads to Rally Australia next week third in the drivers’ standings, has been a member of the Blue Oval’s works team since 2006 when he partnered Marcus Gronholm.

He won his first WRC event with Ford in Australia that season and has since gone on to claim a further 12 victories with co-driver Jarmo Lehtinen. On ADAC Rallye Deutschland earlier this month he started his 100th world championship event with his employer.

After taking over from Gronholm as team leader for 2008, he came within one point of beating Sebastien Loeb to the world championship 12 months later. Since then, however, his form has dipped to the extent he was won only two events. His current Ford deal expires at the end of this season.

“I’m still not sure what the situation is about Ford’s commitment at the moment, but I have always had a good time with the team, so I’d certainly like to stay,” the 31-year-old told Motorsport News.

If Hirvonen was able to secure an extension to his Ford deal then it’s likely he would partner countryman Jari-Matti Latvala, who is under contract with the car make for the 2012 season.

Speaking during ADAC Rallye Deutschland, Latvala said: “If Ford is continuing I will be here. The main focus is for Ford to get the contract to carry on [in the world championship].”

Rally Australia is based in Coffs Harbour from 8-11 September. Hirvonen was victorious when Australia last appeared in the world championship in September 2009, sharing a Focus RS WRC regular co-driver Lehtinen.
PLuto
www.AutoSport.CZ
www.AutoSport.CZ

Wiegand set for more WRC Academy action

Nový příspěvekod PLuto » pát 02.09.2011 00:16

Wiegand set for more WRC Academy action

Sepp Wiegand will continue in the FIA WRC Academy until the end of the season following his debut in the category on ADAC Rallye Deutschland earlier this month.

Wiegand was deputising for his countryman Christian Riedemann on the asphalt event and finished an impressive seventh in class in his Ford Fiesta R2. Riedemann had been given special dispensation to contest his home rally in a Skoda Fabia Super 2000 as part of Volkswagen Motorsport’s driver assessment programme instead.

Despite originally intending to compete on a one-off basis, Wiegand will now tackle the WRC Academy rounds in France and Great Britain ahead of a possible full campaign in 2012. However, because Wiegand joined the WRC Academy after the official closing date for registrations earlier this year he won’t be eligible for WRC Academy Cup points and a shot at the 500,000 Euros career progression scholarship.

“ADAC Rallye Deutschland was amazing for us,” said Wiegand. “We felt very good in the WRC Academy and the crews and organisers were very welcoming. Now we will start again in France and we’re very happy. In France the stages are very demanding - I know this after competing in Rallye Rouergue in the French championship earlier this season. But Rallye de France is a very good rally so I will do my best to get another good result.”

Riedemann will also be in action on the final two WRC Academy rounds following his run to 15th overall on Rallye Deutschland. The French round will mark his first appearance in the WRC Academy on asphalt.

“I competed last year in France and it was raining, dirty and muddy on the stages,” said Riedemann. “I hope this year it won’t be so wet, but either way we’re aiming for a good position and to remind everyone what we can do. We’re very serious about the WRC Academy and want to at least move back into the top five by the end of the season, despite missing one event.”
PLuto
www.AutoSport.CZ
www.AutoSport.CZ

Breen open to further IRC outings in 2011

Nový příspěvekod PLuto » pát 02.09.2011 00:35

Breen open to further IRC outings in 2011

Barum Czech Rally Zlín sensation Craig Breen won’t rule out contesting more rounds of the Intercontinental Rally Challenge this season – providing he can secure the necessary financial backing.

The 21-year-old from Ireland finished seventh overall in Czech Republic last weekend on his first appearance on the demanding Tarmac rally in an M-Sport Ford Fiesta S2000.

“It’s the financial side of things that are difficult,” said Breen. “It would be foolish to get big headed. Okay it’s seventh overall in the IRC but there are still six guys in front of me that I need to beat and that is a long way down the road from happening. It’s only my third year of rallying.”

Finances permitting Breen is considering Rallye Sanremo and RACMSA Rally of Scotland as possible events.
PLuto
www.AutoSport.CZ
www.AutoSport.CZ

Greer confirms Rally of Scotland run

Nový příspěvekod PLuto » pon 05.09.2011 13:30

Greer confirms Rally of Scotland run

Dulux Trade MSA British Rally Championship frontrunner Jonny Greer will contest this year’s Rally of Scotland, the penultimate round of the 2011 Intercontinental Rally Challenge (7-9 October), in his ŠKODA Fabia S2000.

The 22-year-old driver from Carryduff in Northern Ireland is enjoying a good first season in his ex-Patrik Sandell Fabia S2000 – which is sponsored by ŠKODA retailer Simpson’s of Preston and Colne, who’s dealer principal is former VW works rally driver Neil Simpson.

Co-driven by Dai Roberts, Greer has done well on all the gravel rallies in the BRC this year, finishing 6th, 3rd and 4th on the Rallye Sunseeker, Bulldog and Pirelli International Rallies. A 2nd place finish on the Jim Clark and 5th on the Toddsleap Ulster Rally NI (after losing two minutes on the opening day after a wrong tyre choice and a broken driveshaft) sees Greer 3rd in the drivers’ and very much in the race for the coveted title.

Greer should be match-fit for the Rally of Scotland, as it comes only two weeks after another British gravel rally – the International Rally Yorkshire (23-24 September), Round 6 of the BRC.

“I’m sure they’ll be a very strong Super 2000 entry on Rally of Scotland and that’s why we’re going it – to see what we’re capable of in a top class international field,” said Jonny.

“I haven’t done a gravel rally since the Pirelli International in April, but we’re going to test before the next round of the BRC in Yorkshire and then it’s pretty much straight to Scotland – so I should be well prepared.

“I’ve done Rally of Scotland twice before and it’s one of my favourite rallies in the UK. We had a good run in 2009 and finished fourth, which turned into third when Kris Meeke was excluded. We were going well in fourth last year when we took a wheel off the car on the last stage. It was a shame not to finish, but we’ll go to Scotland this year with a lot of confidence and aiming for a good result.”
PLuto
www.AutoSport.CZ
www.AutoSport.CZ

Alastair Fisher to contest Rally of Scotland in Fiesta S2000

Nový příspěvekod PLuto » pát 16.09.2011 15:45

Alastair Fisher to contest Rally of Scotland in Fiesta S2000

Alastair Fisher will contest RACMSA Rally of Scotland, the penultimate round of the Intercontinental Rally Challenge, from October 7-9 in a Ford Fiesta Super 2000 run by M-Sport, the company responsible for Ford’s World Rally Championship effort.

The 23-year-old from Trillick in County Tyrone took part on the inaugural Rally of Scotland in 2009 in a Group N Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX. He will return to the Perth-based event this season in a pacesetting Fiesta S2000 when he will go up against several leading IRC contenders on the all-gravel event.

“The competition in the IRC is very tough but it’s good to get out there and put yourself up against these drivers and show what you can do,” said Fisher. “I want to push for a strong finish but I’m also looking to build my experience of driving a Super 2000 car and to work with M-Sport again is great. Our pace in the WRC Academy this season has been strong, so it will be interesting to see how we can compare against the IRC regulars.”

Rally of Scotland will enjoy several live television transmissions on satellite station Eurosport over the rally weekend. It is ranked as one of the IRC’s most demanding and spectacular events. Former champion Kris Meeke, who like Fisher is from Northern Ireland, once said its stages are the best in the world.

“The stages are fast and flowing and offer a really good challenge, particularly the night stages,” said Fisher, who will be co-driven by Daniel Barritt. “I’ve got some knowledge of the route and the area so I’ll be sure to make the most of that. And with the live coverage on Eurosport there’s also a chance to get some good publicity.”

The event features 15 stages over a competitive distance of 122.38 miles. Action starts with the first of two night stages on Friday October 7. The event concludes with two stages through Scone Palace where Scottish kings were once crowned.

Fisher has previous S2000 pedigree to call on having won his class in second overall on the Donegal International Rally back in June at the wheel of the same Fiesta he will use in Scotland. Although the event will mark the first time Fisher has competed in the car on gravel he is set to take part in a pre-event test on the Wednesday prior to the rally. Fisher’s car will be equipped with Pirelli gravel tyres.

Prior to his outing on Rally of Scotland Fisher will contest the fifth round of the FIA WRC Academy Cup, Rallye de France Alsace from September 28-October 1. Fisher has been one of the star performers in the WRC Academy this year, claiming several stage wins.
PLuto
www.AutoSport.CZ
www.AutoSport.CZ

Re: Information in other languages

Nový příspěvekod Plhus » úte 27.09.2011 09:05

Debutto vincente per Elwis Chentre con Škoda Fabia R2

L’atteso debutto in Italia di Škoda Fabia R2 non poteva avere un esito migliore: Elwis Chentre,
perfettamente coadiuvato da Tania Canton alle note, ha portato la vettura ceca ad una
soddisfacente 24^ posizione assoluta ad al 1° posto di Gruppo R2, avvicinandosi in molte
Prove Speciali ai tempi delle ben piu potenti vetture di Gruppo R3C e R3T. L’esperto pilota della
Scuderia Autosport Valle d’Aosta non ha tradito le attese: nell’arco di una sola giornata di test
ha deliberato il set-up piu idoneo alle caratteristiche delle strade dell’entroterra ligure, “cucendosi”
letteralmente addosso la vettura e presentandosi al via con la sicurezza di aver preparato la gara
nel migliore dei modi. Gli uomini del Team Vieffecorse e quelli di Impromat Motorsport hanno
lavorato in perfetta sinergia per un’intera settimana, con un continuo scambio di informazioni
tecniche che ha contribuito in maniera determinante al raggiungimento dell’ottimo risultato
conseguito dall’inedita squadra italo-ceca. Anche la seconda Škoda Fabia R2 in gara -condotta
dall’equipaggio composto da Jaromir Tarabus e da Vaclav Vorel -ha infatti concluso la gara in
maniera eccellente, conquistando il 2°posto di Gruppo R2 e cogliendo un eccellente 30^ piazza
assoluta.

“Gia dopo i primi chilometri di test ho capito che Škoda Fabia R2 dispone di un elevato potenziale:
motore, cambio, ammortizzatori ed impianto frenante sono eccezionali, la vettura e stata davvero
ben progettata ed ha notevoli margini di miglioramento. Il risultato finale ha soddisfatto tutti,
soprattutto per quanto riguarda i distacchi dalle vetture R3C e R3T, che sono davvero
incoraggianti: resta il rammarico per la sospensione della ronde di 44 km., senza la quale la mia
posizione in classifica assoluta avrebbe potuto essere ancora migliore. La comparazione con i
rilievi cronometrici fatti registrare dai concorrenti alla gara di finale del TRA la dice lunga sulla
bonta della vettura: con i nostri tempi avremmo concluso addirittura ai piedi del podio….” ha
dichiarato un soddisfatto Elwis Chentre sulla pedana d’arrivo a Sanremo “Il dialogo tecnico tra i
responsabili tecnici delle squadre e stato molto produttivo: Roberto Buratti e Vlastimil Bruzl,
coadiuvati da una équipe di meccanici molto preparati, hanno lavorato in maniera eccezionale,
adattando perfettamente la vettura alla tipologia delle nostre strade ed alle mie caratteristiche di
guida. Desidero ringraziare Michelin, che mi ha messo a disposizione le soluzioni ottimali di
pneumatici per queste impegnative P.S., e Tania Canton, che ho ritrovato al mio fianco dopo tanto
tempo e che si e confermata ancora una volta una vera professionista. So che Impromat
Motorsport e Vieffecorse intendono dare seguito alla collaborazione iniziata a Sanremo e
vogliono affidarmi il compito di sviluppare Škoda Fabia R2 per il debutto su terra in programma in
Austria tra un mese: per me sarebbe un onore e sono pronto a fare del mio meglio per contribuire
alla promozione internazionale di questa interessantissima vettura”.

Conclusa nel migliore dei modi l’esperienza sanremese, i vertici del Team Vieffecorse e di
Impromat Motorsport stanno gia pensando al futuro: alla fine del mese di ottobre e in programma il
debutto di Škoda Fabia R2 in una gara su terra in occasione del Waldviertel Rallye, in calendario
dal 27 al 29 ottobre, e le due compagini stanno pensando di ripetere la positiva esperienza di
collaborazione tecnica, nell’ambito di un programma a lungo termine rivolto alla stagione 2012.

Notevole anche l’interesse degli addetti ai lavori in occasione della presentazione dinamica di
Škoda Fabia R2 nel corso della due giorni di test svoltasi nell’entroterra di Imperia: numerosi piloti,
Team Manager e rappresentanti di testate giornalistiche si sono alternati al fianco di Elwis Chentre
lungo un tratto di strada molto tecnico, che ha messo in evidenza le doti della “piccola” di casa
Škoda e che ha originato un unanime consenso sulle elevate potenzialita della vettura.
Marek Pléha - rally media
Plhus
S2000

RALLYLEGEND 2011: MANY CHAMPIONS ON THE PARTICIPANTS’ LIST

Nový příspěvekod PLuto » pon 03.10.2011 20:42

RALLYLEGEND 2011: MANY CHAMPIONS ON THE PARTICIPANTS’ LIST

It's an amazing entry list the one given by Rallylegend 2011, scheduled in the Republic of San Marino next 6th to 9th October. Many of the world rally champions but also a host of top players in the history of Italian rallies are on it, for a special stage that promises the highest level. Many four-wheel award-winning queens, among which ten Audi Quattro at Rallylegend, while there will be 20 beautiful Lancia Stratos Group 4 selected for the amazing Sunday closing: a record attendance in the world.
The closing also includes Legend Show, the compelling challenge with Group B, with Miki Biasion and Paolo Andreucci among the sixteen at the start.
Here is the program of the numerous initiatives at Rallylegend Village, including movies by Piero Comanducci and the presentation of two new books "The history of the rally" and "Life to the Maximum", the latter about the life and triumphs of Massimo Ercolani the passed away San Marino champion.

Republic of San Marino. The countdown to Rallylegend 2011 just started: the ninth edition of the event is expected by fans across Europe. Preparations are underway to develop, with the utmost care, in the many sectors that are part of Rallylegend, with particular attention to the safety of the great mass of viewers that will flow on special stages. To this end, the organizing team integrated its ranks with the great experience of Tiziano Siviero, Biasion’s navigator in two titles, which will coordinate Rallylegend staff security precisely.

A LIST OF GREAT CHARM
It 'a list of high-quality subscribers at this year Rallylegend, but also the Legend Stars, without trial but with much show at special stage, promise great things.
Rallylegend, in Historic, Myth and Trofeo WRC categories, will see Juha Kankkunen, Timo Salonen and Marcus Gronholm: seven world titles in three, with multiple-time Group N champion Gustavo Trelles.
But the game will also see Italian champions who won many titles and competitions abroad. Dario Cerrato (Delta Integrale), Federico Ormezzano (Talbot Lotus), Bruno Bentivoglio (Alfetta GTV6), to mention some.
They are accompanied by many other champions among which Manrico Falleri (Lancia Delta), the evergreen Italo Ferrara (Delta HF), Giovanni Galleni (Opel Ascona 400), Luca Ambrosoli (Porsche 911), Mauro Simontacchi (Renault R5 GT Turbo) Simone Brusori (Renault Clio Maxi), Mauro Miele (BMW M3), Alessandro Ancona (Ford Escort RS), Fabrizio Colombi (Opel Manta 400), Marcello Miotto (Delta HF), Marco De Marco (Ford Escort Cosworth), accompanied by the journalist Andrea Nicoli, and the only "pink" crew by Fiorenza Soave and Giulia Benedetti (Fiat Ritmo 125).
Many foreign crews, coming from various countries (Germany, France, Spain, Hungary, Switzerland, Slovakia, Finland, Czech Republic and Austria).
Nourished, as tradition, the participation of qualified "home" crews from the Republic of San Marino, where we rank Denis Colombini (VW Golf Gti), Marcello Colombini (BMW M3), Giuliano Calzolari (Ford Escort RS), Stefano Rosati (Talbot Lotus), Walter Meloni (BMW M3) Giorgio Renzetti (Delta 16V), David Cesarini (Ford Escort RS 1600), Stefano Guerra (BMW 318 Is) and Paolo Diana (Fiat 131 Racing); the journalist Livio Ceci, will read the notes to Giuseppe Bellomare (Porsche 3000 SC).
Big show in the highly anticipated Legend Stars, where will perform, as already announced, with abundance of "crosses" and handbrake, Harri Toivonen, Jacky Ickx, coupled with the journalist Emanuele Sanfront, Mikkola-Hertz, Miki Biasion, Per Eklund, together with Paolo Valli (Lancia Delta S4), the Spaniard Xavier Pina (Peugeot 205 T16), Steven Rochingham (Triumph TR7 V8), with Yvonne Mehta as co-driver, Piero Gobbi (Lancia Stratos), Enrico Bertone (Opel Manta 400) Gilberto Bertolini (Fiat 124 Spider). Kenneth Eriksson will not be present and will be replaced by Dieter Depping, Volkswagen test driver.
At Rallylegend and Legend Show the presence of ten Audi Quattro, in all versions of the race, is a real record.

RECORD STRATOS ANNIVERSARY AND LEGEND SHOW: WHAT A RALLYLEGEND SUNDAY!
Rallylegend accustomed us to records and once again impresses us. Because in San Marino will gather twenty Lancia Stratos Group 4, a number and quality of presence than never, so far, has been reached.
A unique opportunity for enthusiasts and a record and a worldwide satisfaction for the staff of Rallylegend.
Sandro Munari, Bernard Darniche, Tony Fassina, Fabrizio Tabaton, together with Adartico Vudafieri and Federico Ormezzano, all riders who have won a lot, on Lancia Stratos, will be the testimonials of "Stratos anniversary", a static and dynamic competition of elegance, with the cars on the catwalk accompanied by charming hostess, for a true festival of beauty with a special performance on Sunday at "The Legend" special, to celebrate forty years of the "bete-a-gagner".
With Paolo Valli and his Stratos Pirelli to do the honors, these beautiful cars will parade together in the most prestigious liveries and full of sporting glory. Among these, the Lancia Stratos "branded" Alitalia, Chardonnet, Aseptogyl, Olio Fiat, Marlboro, Broms car, then again the charming version of Safari Rally, the Turbo silhouette of the '77 Tour of Italy and the New Stratos, revisited with modern eye.
Among the prizes that will be awarded to the winner of the competition of elegance, a TV 28 "Hannspree.
Rallylegend 2011 will have its closing fireworks of Legend Show, a big challenge to among Group B cars, always fascinating and spectacular, with the lead of some great champions and other important guests present for the occasion. Legend Show will take place at the track of the super stage. Already almost fully booked the sixteen seats of the "big" that will give life to the Legend Show, among which Miki Biasion, Hannu Mikkola, Michael Gerber, and, big last hour news, Paolo Andreucci, six-time Italian rally champion and winner of the 2011 Cir, with the Peugeot 207 S2000 and Anna Andreussi as co-pilot. Lancia 037, Audi Quattro and Quattro S1 Peugeot 205 T16, Lancia Delta S4 are going to be the beautiful queens protagonists of Legend Show.

RALLY VILLAGE: MEETINGS, RARE VIDEOS AND PRESENTATION OF TWO IMPORTANT BOOKS
A very rich program will characterize the four days within Rallylegend Village, the heart of the event during the race, but especially when engines are silent.
A series of meetings, entertainment and shows are also available to viewers who choose to live outside Rallylegend special stages, in the large and functional structure of the village created for the occasion.
Among the many planned initiatives, stands out the presentation of two books, by two long-time rally journalists and a big fan of engines. "The history of the rally" is a literary work by Sergio Remondino, who traced the evolution of the sport from its origins to present days, and " Life to the Maximum", written by Andrea Cordovani and Giovanni Zonzini, who tell the life and triumphs of Massimo Ercolani, the biggest San Marino pilot who died too young just over two years ago (n.d.t.: al Massimo = to the maximum, in Italian).

Here is the schedule:

Thursday, October 6th
Rally Arena: at 16.00 Interviews session with major event sponsors: Magneti Marelli, Volkswagen, IWC, Pirelli, Sparco, Castrol
Rally Arena: at 19.00 Opening ceremony of the event in the presence of the Republic of San Marino Heads of State and Secretary of Sport and Tourism
Departure Stage: at 20.00 Parade and presentation of the main protagonists of the 9th edition of Rallylegend
Rally Arena: at 22:00 Piero Comanducci’s movie projection titled "Rally Emotions" and "Special Henri Toivonen 25 years after" with the presence of Harri Toivonen. Nedo Checchi presenting.

Friday, October 7th
Stand "St. Andrews Race Logistics ": at 11.00 Press Conference
Rally Arena: Pirelli Press conference at 12.30
Rally Arena - From 15.00 interviews session for the programme "The Rally.. is us" with the main drivers in the race, at the following times:
- 15.00 "Volkswagen WRC. The Return. " Guido Schittone presenting.
- 15.30 "Legend in comparison" with: Jacky Ickx, Sandro Munari, Yvonne Mehta and Graziano Rossi. Guido Schittone presenting.
- 16.00 "Flying Finns ... the true legend of the rally" with Marcus Grönholm, Juha Kankkunen, Timo Salonen, Harri Toivonen, Hannu Mikkola who will tell their legendary exploits. Guido Schittone presenting.
- 16.30 "Lancia Stratos 1971/2011 Presentation of the event" with Sandro Munari, Darniche Bernard, Tony Fassina and Federico Ormezzano. Nedo Checchi and Guido Schittone presenting.
- 17.00 Presentation of the book "History of the Rally" by Sergio Remondino with Miki Biasion, Sandro Munari and Tony Fassina. Guido Schittone presenting.
- At 17.30 presentation of the book " Life to the Maximum" by Andrea Cordovani and Giovanni Zonzini. The book is the story of Massimo Ercolani, the beloved San Marino Rally champion died prematurely in August two years ago.

Saturday, October 8th
Rally Arena: 10.30 am interviews session with the VIP main drivers in the race.
Start stage: 18:30 pm Awards
Stage start: 22:00 pm Live Music

Sunday, October 9th
Stage start: 10.00 am Start of Stratos parade on the track of the super stage
Stage start: 12.30 am Stratos Parade and jury vote
Stage start: at 13.30 closing ceremony of the event
PLuto
www.AutoSport.CZ
www.AutoSport.CZ

SEBASTIEN LOEB GOES ON DISPLAY IN THE ‘MUSEE GREVIN’

Nový příspěvekod PLuto » úte 04.10.2011 17:01

SEBASTIEN LOEB GOES ON DISPLAY IN THE ‘MUSEE GREVIN’

Seven-time world champion Citroën driver will join the celebrities in the Grévin Wax
Museum on 13th October becoming the first rally driver to go on display among the
250 figures in the museum.

Sébastien Loeb was born on 26th February 1974 in Haguenau in the Bas-Rhin
department, and today he is the most-titled French rally driver. In just ten years he has had
a meteoric rise to fame: he is the record holder for the number of world titles (7) and
victories (66) in the World Rally Championship (WRC). These exceptional results make him
an outstanding figure in sport in general and one of the greatest drivers of all time.
He has remained faithful to Citroën since his debut, and scored his first victories in rallying
in 2001 in the French Championship and the Junior World Championship. Loeb has
dominated his sport between 2004 and 2011 winning seven consecutive world rally
championship titles with his friend and co-driver, Daniel Elena. With two events to go till
the end of the season the crew currently leads the drivers’ overall classification.
It took six months to create his wax double from his first rendezvous with sculptor
Stéphane Barret and the workshop team.

Loeb found the posing sessions great fun: ”I’m very flattered to be part of the Grévin
museum. It’s an honour and also recognition for our branch of the sport as one that’s
representative of France. I must say that I was very impressed by the amount of work that
went into creating my figure in wax. It was really unbelievable!”
Everything has to be studied down to the tiniest detail with the celebrity so that the
resemblance is almost disconcerting. This includes the colour of the hair, the eyes, the
skin, handprints etc - nothing was left to chance to make Sébastien Loeb even more lifelike
than he is in reality!

Loeb’s wax double will be on show beside rugby player Sébastien Chabal and basketball
player Tony Parker in the section of the museum dedicated to sports people. The driver will
appear in his driving suit in the colours of Citroën and their partners.
The Grévin, a private museum created in 1882, is in Paris on the ‘Grands Boulevards’ and
welcomes almost 800 000 visitors per year.

S. Loeb musee grevin.JPG

S. Loeb musee grevin 2.JPG
PLuto
www.AutoSport.CZ
www.AutoSport.CZ

PředchozíDalší

Zpět na Information in other languages