phpBB [video]
PLuto
www.AutoSport.CZ
www.AutoSport.CZ

Re: Rally Estonia

Nový příspěvekod PLuto » stř 23.09.2020 04:11

Obrázek

So today I am officially ‘coming out’.
Since returning from Estonia (as most of you know) I have been in Forced hotel quarantine in Sydney. I’m not the type of person to share my sob story in public or ask for pity, and certainly in this case it was actually my choice to commit to this rally, knowing it would most likely need some quarantine on return. I am also aware that I was in a very privileged situation to be granted the exemption to travel in these times and to have made it out and back almost to plan and still be Covid free I am lucky for sure.
From here it’s a long story but in summary I can assure you this actual physical time has been anything but easy!!!
The situation with quarantine in Sydney in realistic terms means locked in jail. I have had a comfortable room in a nice hotel, but conditions are far from normal here and it has certainly been no holiday. I am fortunate to have windows, BUT they do not open and I have had no fresh air for 14 days. I am only allowed to open the door once food has been dumped (and I get a loud knock) 3 x per day and then I must close it again immediately. The meals were outsourced from the hotel and the quality (as you may have seen a snippet of) was terrible, to the point where the health care professionals ringing every day to check on me were advising me “you should not be eating that rubbish, you should be ordering decent food in”. So no fresh air, no outside time or exercise at all, and all requests to bring some gym equipment up from the disused gym were denied. All you can do through this is keep as busy as you can looking forward and staying positive.
It would have been quite easy to be completely depressed and broken throughout this ordeal but I’m a positive person and even though I would try to just suffer in silence, this time has shown me the amazing friends and family I have (across the whole world). There has been countless calls, messages, video hookups and even friends sending beautiful meals to me. I’m very grateful to everyone who cares and has reached out to offer mental support and show your kindness, it means a lot to me and I really do appreciate it so thank you very much.
On another positive note I’m happy to say I have had 7 Negative Covid tests on this journey and my sentence is up in a few hours so I will be free to return home soon.
Anyway it’s been a huge commitment to have 32 days away for one single event, but the positive now is it looks like an amazing Sydney spring day outside and I’m looking forward to being back in the real world (if there is such a thing atm). Only thing left to do is sign out with the police downstairs and pickup the $3,000 bill
Thanks again for the support, some photos have just come through from Estonia so I will load a few up with a story on how we got on over there soon.
Appreciate the suppor
PLuto
www.AutoSport.CZ
www.AutoSport.CZ

Předchozí

Zpět na Sezona 2020