Novinky v ME 2024

Re: Novinky v ME 2024

Nový příspěvekod PLuto » stř 16.10.2024 19:22

Hayden Paddon:

Travel days back home to NZ is a good time to reflect on our two years in the European Rally Championship and show appreciation to many key people. So here goes………
These two years in the ERC have been some of the most enjoyable and demanding years of rallying in my career. The commitment and sacrifice has been absolute, both personally and professionally. Some won’t understand the challenges of rallying on both sides of the world and the toll that takes on family, finances and health, but I’m incredibly thankful to do what I love to do all around the world in some of the coolest cars and with the best people. To have two championships to show for that and the work/believe so many people have put into us, makes me very proud.
Firstly none of what we do would be possible without our partners, and particularly Hyundai NZ who have stuck behind us for 10 years and supported not only my goals, but our team and the sport of rallying. Hyundai NZ is so much bigger than just selling cars, but creating opportunities for younger people, developing technology and ultimately creating a better future for everyone. To be part of that family is incredibly humbling and proud to represent such a brand. But also some of our long term loyal partners, Z Energy, Mitre 10 Trade, Pirelli Motorsport (who gave us our break into the WRC) and WinmaX Brakes, along with all our NZ partners who are a big part of our journey towards creating a world championship winning Kiwi team.
Secondly, John. What can I say - what a legend! After 19 years together, he is only getting better with age and the commitment he has made to compete with me on the other side of the world has been huge. He plays a massive role both in and out of the car and couldn’t think of anyone better to do it all with. But after 19 years, we need to find a good program to celebrate our 20th anniversary next year.
Thirdly to our Italian BRC team. I can whole heartily say, they are the best team I have worked with alongside our own PRG team. The passion and hard work they put into the car and program is second to none, and when things got tough this year, they dug even deeper. I love the passion and competitive spirit they represent and it’s been a true honour to work with each and every team member. Grazie Millie!
The whole FIA ERC - European Rally Championship community, including fellow competitors, teams, commentators, media, and organisers. As I say, I have loved the ERC and strongly feel it’s the best ‘value for money’ rally championship in the world, with world class events, competition and media exposure. I look forward to continue to follow the championship closely in the future.
Last but certainly not least, everyone that has supported and cheered us on. When we are competing on the other side of the world and so much time travelling, it can get a little lonely. But to have the support of not only Kiwi fans, but fans around the world, make it all worth while - especially the groups of Kiwis who have travelled to the other side of the world to share the journey with us. It really means a lot and thank you to everyone for the continued support - I maybe getting older, but hopefully this dog has a few more years in it and your support helps to keep us going.
In terms of what the future holds….who knows. We still have a couple more events in NZ this year, but in terms of 2025, planning is underway and we are looking to take our PRG team international. Plenty of work to be done but I’m very grateful for the people we have around us and we will be working hard to ensure a good and exciting program for 2025 and beyound. No time for rest, time to keep hard at it!
PLuto
www.AutoSport.CZ
www.AutoSport.CZ

Předchozí

Zpět na Sezona 2024